Wetsuit Waterproof / Rugged
How does the Wetsuit case remain waterproof if it has a topless front?
Very clever engineering and design! The phone screen is waterproofed with dual sealing beads running the full perimeter, avoiding the need for additional plastic membranes and without inhibiting the touch sensitivity of the screen.
Every single Wetsuit case is pressure tested to 6.6 feet (2 m) during production before it is made available for purchase.
How does the Wetsuit help protect my phone’s screen?
The Wetsuit case's design with a ridge around the perimeter helps protect it from knocks and drops from 6.6 feet (2 m) as the ridge is designed to hit the surface, rather than the phone screen. It has passed tough military tests to achieve its military standard (MIL STD 810F).
Can I use a screen protector with my Wetsuit case?
Yes. A standard .1mm PET film screen protector can be used as supplied with your case.
Can I use an impact resistant screen protector with my Wetsuit?
We have not tested the Wetsuit with any independent impact resistant screen protectors, and can not guarantee its use with other screen protectors.
Can I charge my phone with my Wetsuit on?
Yes. We know convenience is important to you. We have designed the Wetsuit so you can conveniently charge your phone with your case on. Open the door at the bottom of the phone. Pull aside the charging port plug. Insert your charger and start charging.
I’ve dropped my phone. Is my Wetsuit still waterproof?
Always conduct a water check with the test block supplied after knocking or dropping your Wetsuit iPhone, particularly if you are planning to use it in or around water.
How do I take photos or video underwater when the touchscreen doesn’t work underwater?
You can take underwater photos and video by setting up the volume button as a camera shutter button or record button. Follow these steps to do so.
- Open the native camera app. (It will not work with 3rd party camera applications).
- Select Menu> Settings, and then select the tab on the far right (little gear)
- Select “Volume Key” and you will be given three options.
- Select “Camera Key” to set the volume button as a camera shutter button to take photos or select “Record Key” to set the volume button as a video recorder. The “Zoom Key” is the default setting that makes the volume buttons work as zoom for the camera.
- Click away! And don’t forget to share your underwater video and images via our Social Media page. We would love to see these!
How do I perform a water test?
The water test is your practice run to ensure the case is operating as it should. Watch the assembly video prior to your water check.
- Take your Wetsuit case out of the packaged box. The case should be fitted on a plastic testing block.
- Half fill your kitchen sink with water and fully submerge your case in water.
- Weigh it down gently to avoid the case floating to the surface. It must be fully submerged for 15 minutes.
- Remove the case from the water.
- Wipe the outside and make sure it is fully dried before opening any seals or ports. Water naturally sits between the boot and the external case but does not penetrate the seals. Water may drip into the membrane boot if not dried.
- Disassemble the case per instructions. If your case’s membrane boot is dry, you have passed the water test and you can assemble your phone! NB A few little spots of water may splash in when removing the boot. If the boot is dry except for a few splashed in water spots, your case is good to use. Check disassembly video for careful removal.
- If water is in the disassembled boot, re-assemble with the plastic block, per instructions. Ensure all the seals are flat and making contact with the block surface. Test again.
- If you can not get a watertight seal with repeat tests, email email@example.com
I’m still unsure about how to use my Wetsuit. Who can I contact?